- In science we are learning about our SENSES and how they give us important information about our world.
- In math we are working on creating different PATTERNS and writing patterns in different ways.
- In language arts we are learning which READING strategy to use when trying to read a word that we don't know yet, by
- looking for sentence patterns
- stretching out the letter/sounds
- forming your lips to make the first letter sounds of the word
- and looking for picture clues
And we trying to build our stamina for reading to ourselves for longer periods of time.
We are up to 9 minutes already!
In WRITER'S WORKSHOP we are each writing and illustrating our own story about a pet who gets into trouble every day of the week. We will be sharing these stories with our classmates later on.
TERRY FOX WALK
Our entire school will be going on a Terry Fox Walk on Friday, September 29.
Here are some photos from the first few weeks of school.