Monday, September 24, 2018

Learning's Fun ~ In Grade One! September 24, 2018


FAMILY PHOTOS
Don't forget to send in a family photo for our "I Belong" books that we are making.  I will make a photocopy of your photo and return the original.

EVACUATION PRACTICE
We are having a school evacuation practice this Friday, September 28 in the morning.  We practice walking from our school, down the street to Nordale School, take attendance, and walk back again.  This is where our students would go if we ever needed to evacuate our school.  (And Nordale School practices coming to our school at the same time.)

MISSING MUFFIN
We had a very sad day last Friday.  In the morning, our pet guinea pig, Muffin, was not feeling well.  I took her to the vet on Friday after school and she died there.  I told the children about Muffin this morning and we talked about how she had a very good life and that she was over six years old, which is a long life for a guinea pig.  We talked about how we will miss her and they shared lots of stories about other pets that have died.  Some of the children wrote about Muffin in their journals today.



MRS. LINDA ISAAK
I will be away from school for the next two weeks and Mrs. Isaak will be in for me.  I'm sure the children will remember her from last year when she was a substitute teacher for Mrs. Van Dale.
I will be back after Thanksgiving.  Drop by and say hello to Mrs. Isaak if you have a chance.



No comments: