Monday, January 7, 2019

Learning's Fun ~ In Grade One! January 7, 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!   2019

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful (and delicious) cards, gifts and treats.  I shared them with my family at Christmas time.  I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and all the best wishes for a blessed New Year.

NEW HOMEWORK
I sent home a different kind of homework today.  This is their spelling homework for this week.  These new homework packages will come home on Mondays and are due on Fridays (just like before).  The homework pages give the children lots of different activities and ways to practice their spelling words.  They may need some help reading and understanding the directions at first. 

We will be starting our spelling tests this week on Friday, so please practice the words with your child at home.  The word lists start out pretty easy and do get more challenging.  After a few weeks, when they have gotten used to the homework/spelling test routine, I can move some of the students into a more difficult spelling level if suitable.

I will also be adding a math sheet and some printing practice sheets to the homework packages in the future.  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

PHOTO GALLERY - Artists with their big nativity paintings.



 
Christmas Party Day -


 Silly poses -

 

Build a snowman race -

 

No comments: