Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Learning's Fun ~ In Grade One! January 24, 2017

REMINDERS - NO SCHOOL on Friday, February 3
                        - Munsch Busters - performance at school on Monday, January 30
                        - Order your tickets for the Applebee's Breakfast fundraiser on Sat. February, 25

DATE CHANGE - The next "Movie Night" is on March 2 NOT February 2

I LOVE TO READ
February is "I Love to Read" month at school.  We have lots of fun reading activities planned and four (4) different "DRESS-UP" days coming up.

1) Wednesday, February 1 - WEAR WORDS - Children wear shirts/clothes with words
2) Wednesday, February 8 - STORYBOOK CHARACTER - dress as a storybook character
3) Tuesday, February 14 - VALENTINE'S DAY - wear red, pink and/or white (also our party day)
4) Wednesday, February 22 - FESTIVAL du VOYAGER - dress as a voyager (plaid shirt, scarf sash)

BOXTOWN
We started construction on our BOXTOWN community today.
Day One pictures -







Stay tuned for more photos as Boxtown takes shape.  Thank you for sending in the recyclables.

1 comment:

Hey Polly said...

Hahah so cute! But I must say that learning is fun for all ages - it depends on the personality and surrounding. You know, I am 23 and I still enjoy studying. I like my university, though sometimes the academic load is really intensive and it's not always easy to produce a creative academic writing. Lots of writing assignments and you just can't dedicate enough time for each college paper. Still, such periods move away and I keep on enjoying my academic process!